Article by Jason Aten, Tech Columnist for Inc.com
“An increasing number of states have now ordered many small businesses–including restaurants and bars–to close for the foreseeable future. That comes after the CDC issued guidance to eliminate all gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks.
That can be devastating to communities and the individuals who own and work in all sorts of small businesses that are now forced to close their doors. The good news is that there is still plenty you can do to support them.”
Here are seven things you can do right now to support your small-business community:
1. Order Takeout or Delivery, not only does that keep the business going, it also provides income for delivery drivers.
2. Buy Gift Cards, give your local shops or favorite restaurant a vote of confidence
3. Shop Local Businesses Online, whenever possible, consider giving them your business
4. Use Credit or Debit Cards, limiting the amount of cash you use can help limit the spread of those germs
5. Stay Home if You’re Sick, don’t put others at risk
6. Be Patient, businesses are working at a dramatically reduced capacity
7. Say Thank You, a simple thank you can go a long way to spreading a little gratitude and goodwill